Wow! We had a fabulous morning with the Women’s Realty group last week (Thanks for the invitation, Monika!)--welcome to all of you who have joined us, we are so happy you’re here!
We dove into this...“6 Feng Shui Secrets to Sell a House… FASTER and for more $$$!” and met So Many Incredible Women who are out there every day matching-making buyers and sellers to create the very best outcomes for everyone--an AMAZING group of go-getters!
Jacqueline was our Door Prize Winner and Monika, the new president of the group
In Feng Shui, clutter blocks the flow and it is NO SMALL TASK to let go of it, or it wouldn’t be such a huge issue in our society.
Life’s a blur, we are busybusybusy--very good at accumulating and not so great at letting go, am I right?
If you don’t know who I’m talking about...you can catch up HERE.
I read her book, “The Magic of Tidying” when it first came out and if you’re interested in her method, the book, in my opinion, is WAY better than the show-- cuz, it feels like the show comes dangerously close to Marie just telling a family to tidy :)
Here’s what I LOVE about Marie Kondo:
- She has heightened awareness that it feels GOOD to get your home organized
- She has heightened awareness that it’s OK to ask for help to get organized and declutter
- She (and I) believe that creating space in your home will translate TO YOUR LIFE and beautiful things will happen as a result
- She has her clients choose what to keep by asking, “Does it Spark Joy?” (We ask, “Do you LOVE it? Do you NEED it? Do you CHOOSE it? Does it lift your spirits?”--same thing :)
- She has a system
- She says throw all the papers away--HA!!!!! (I LOVE THIS!) Ok, so keep the ones with a seal, like your Passport, Birth Certificate, Marriage License, etc.
Fundamentally, I would say, we are in alignment...
Here’s where we diverge:
- We Americans own an average of 300,000 (!) items--we work with our clients INDIVIDUALLY--guiding them to the best editing and storage solutions for their UNIQUE situations--it’s kind of hard to cookie-cutter this work.
- Sometimes, instead of taking a category like clothes or books, we work in zones, or rooms, to save time.
- We offer HANDS-ON SUPPORT and work SIDE BY SIDE with clients to coach them through the hard decisions, hold space for them to decide, AND make piles and bags of the discards so closing the circle at the end of the session is EASY.
- 95% of the people we work with are NEVVVVVVERR going to fold and keep folding in that special Marie Kondo way, although, we also have some wonderful ideas and solutions to create spaces that are beautiful AND functional.
Lots of Love,