If you saved 30 minutes a day each year by tightening up your organizational systems and increasing your productivity, you could gift yourself 23 work days (8 hour days) a year!
That’s OVER one month of vacation. Hmmmmmm, where would you go? What would you do? Or, maybe you’re one of the I-don’t-have-enough-time-to (FILL IN THE BLANK) types. Have you ever wished you could find the time to...climb a mountain, read more, or fly off to Paris, mon petit chou?
By getting clear about how you are spending your time (and this is especially important if you are an entrepreneur), supporting your work with systems that function, and feeding your soul, you can be living your dreams in no time!
Let’s start with your schedule and how you “spend” your time.
If you don’t work set hours how do you block off your time? What are your priorities? Productivity isn’t about doing more, it’s about leveraging your time for maximum traction. (Most people save the most important things for after they do the least important things leaving only scraps of time.)
- Start with a blank week on Monday morning (Put your Google calendar on a one week view, OR if you LOVE paper, PlannerPads is a great option).
- Block out chunks of time for projects (Yes, even one hour is enough time IF you are focused!)
- Do the hard stuff first! (Even before you open your email, goof off on Facebook, or watch that cute puppy video.)
- Break bigger projects into small chunks. For example, if “Write Article” is on your list:
- Monday (block out 2 hours for research and outline)
- Tuesday (block out 2 hours for a rough draft)
- Wednesday (block out 2 hours for editing)
- Schedule meetings, clients, prep time, marketing, networking, blogging.
- Schedule one administrative session per week (with yourself), to enter receipts, mileage, attend to banking.
- Schedule in workouts & breaks. (After working FOCUSED for 2 hours, take a break!)
- Then look at the big picture, the whole week...will it move you forward? Will you accomplish 1-3 BIG items from your list?
- For most of us, it’s a BIG mindset shift to PLAN your week and then FOLLOW your plan!
- This week, take a deep breath, schedule yourself and be rewarded with more time to spend as you please!
- Can you find your work?
- Do you have a system to capture incoming streams?
- Do you have a file system to support you?
- Are your projects available with no time wasted searching for them?
- Is your computer also uncluttered...docs, pictures, emails filed? Items easy to locate?
- Do you have a clear surface to work on?
Put in (the aforementioned) calendar, a block of time to tackle your office space, and if you need help, give me a call I would LOVE to make this easy for you!!
- Add art to your office that is uplifting and upbeat in color and energy.
- Diffuse citrus or ginger essential oil to boost your energy.
- If music motivates, find some to keep you going!
- White noise works!
- If quiet fuels you, get noise cancelling headphones and go to it!
- Add a gorgeous plant, or fresh flowers for flare!
- Do something CRAZY! Wear your sparkly shoes, your magic hat, or have your princess wand handy for a bewitching “Poof!” each time you meet your goal.
Contact me if I can help make your dreams come true!
Until next week,
Sending love and happy office vibes,