I had a teensy internal struggle this week with my neighbor’s garbage being left in the apartment hallway for a couple of days, (near our door, too). Ahem, it was interfering with the energy!!! :) And then, another neighbor thought it was a good idea...really???? What if everyone left their garbage in the hallway? I was fuming and it was only getting worse.
And then in a PLOT TWIST, I was Grateful! And Inspired! because I needed the reminder, for myself, my clients, and to get the word out to anyone who will listen!
Every day, many, many times, we are given an opportunity to complete a task. And when I say complete a task, I mean ALL THE WAY, Close the Circle.
It’s a habit and a practice. And it is powerful.
This type of “circle” applies to ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in our lives!
Here are a few examples:
- Laundry: Collect the Laundry--Wash--Dry--Fold--Put away
- Dishes: Take out bowl/spoon--Eat soup--Wash bowl/spoon--Return them to the cupboard
- Work: Take out pertinent files--Take action--Replace files
- Yoga: Pack a bag--Enjoy practice--Come home--Unpack bag--Put everything away
- Mail: Bring it in--Stand at the recycle bin and toss--Attend to or file important mail
- Tools: Get them out--Fix something, or Do the project--Clean up--Put them away
- Creative Projects: Take out the yarn and needles :)--Work on project--Put them away
Usually it is the last step (Put Away) that is left undone.
And then ALL of the undone circles in your space start to multiply; they take on a life of their own!
And that’s when we begin to feel any or all of these consequences:
- Loss of Control
- Extra Weight
- Stomach ache
NOT closing the circles in your life causes the stagnant energy in your home to grow.
If the things you own do not have a home, then there will be overflow.
Overflow ALWAYS interferes with the final “put away” step. How can you put things away if there is no room for them?
Things are left out, projects are not completed, AND there is a cost to your health, wealth, and happiness.
Here’s where ruthless editing and organizing comes in...
- Edit your space, make a place for everything, and practice. Just like anything, it takes time to build the muscle!
- Release the things that do not bring you joy!!!!!
- Once you create a home full of your prized possessions, you will find that closing circles will be much easier.
- Feel the magic that comes from doing this work.
I would love to help you create a home that matches your beautiful, sparkling self! Please let me know how I can help. And as always, I LOVE hearing from you! Feel free to drop me a message either in the comments below, on my website, or heck, just pick up the phone and give me a call! (608)-235-9023
Lots of hugs,
(And Closed Circles)