If you’ve been following, you know that last January, my dad passed away. My parents had lived in the same condo for 12 years and it was a touch on the old and stuffy side--nothing much ever changed and even though it was “OK-fine”, the stuff was OLD--badly in need of refreshing!
My mom wanted to move to a new apartment with ALL NEW FURNITURE!!!! She wanted the full Feng Shui Treatment!
At 87, was ready for an uptick in energy and design. (Most of the credit goes to my sister for suggesting it...our family works in mysterious ways--yours, too?)
So BRAVE to let everything go at that stage in life!
BEFORE--A big empty room at the new apartment with a sliding door at the end. A totally blank canvas!
- The upholstered furniture is all new, the marble coffee table and an end table (repainted black) were her favorites from ages ago.
- Her favorite art and tchotchkes were incorporated--don’t worry, we didn’t get rid of everything!
- The new “penny” mirrors (200 tiny round mirrors!) create another “window” in the long dark tunnel of a room and bounce TONS of light around.
- The paint color is Sunlit Coral (Benjamin Moore), a beautiful orangey-pink, soft but with lots of energy!
- New lamps, fresh light, + a few new art pieces--AHHHHHHH!
She is settled in (6 months now), and says it feels like home, only better :)
Contact us if your space could use an upgrade, just click REPLY and we will set up a time to chat. Cuz, wouldn’t you love a new living room, too?
Lots of Love,
PHOTO CREDIT: Janice Laufenberg