Lots to do last week, but things feel a little more “normal” today--we will just keep taking things one day at a time!
I had the chance to have a little granddaughter time this week, too--Harper LOVES to read! It’s so AMAZING to me, how much she’s changed in one year...little cutie-pie :)
Things Happen--and it’s no coincidence that they happen as a result of adjusting the energy of your home. So, whether it’s clearing out old, stagnant energy or enhancing your space using beautiful Feng Shui Design...if your intention is to make changes in your life, consider that your home could be used a tool for transformation.
Once a month, I’m planning to answer your questions on the blog and I was BLOWN AWAY by the wonderful questions so many of you sent in last week...
This month, Melanie, a professional organizer(!), asked this question:
Thank you very much--your question is a wonderful place to start this year-long series!!! And, I hope you and your family are already on the mend--no fun to be sick for that long!
I know your home is decluttered, since this is the work you do, too! I hope you (and our readers) will find something below to move the health of you and your family in a positive direction! (You know that I am not a doctor and am not dispensing medical advice, just giving you the benefit of my Feng Shui experience/training and opinions of what has worked for me and my family…)
In the Feng Shui Bagua (or map), the area for health is in the center--place the career section at your front door to orient.
It’s important to note this location, because if we don’t have our health, then it may be hard to optimally be creating wealth, beautiful relationships, harmony and balance in the rest of our lives. It is THE MOST IMPORTANT area to consider--thus its central location in the bagua.
- Take a look at the center of your home--on all levels, especially the basement.
- The basement relates to our subconscious and often holds a lot of the reasons that we may be stressed, uneasy or feeling “dis-ease”.
- Is there clutter, unfinished projects or any stagnancy in the center of your home or the basement?
- Check for mold or musty areas in forgotten closets or crawl spaces under the house.
- Handle these projects first and see what happens.
- Consider painting the basement walls a cheery yellow--the color of health. I LOVE the color hibiscus (Benjamin Moore) for forgotten spaces like basements or laundry rooms. It brings A LOT of health energy to a room.
- Look for clutter in general (the entire house)--even if you think it’s all gone, and I know you’re careful about this, take another pass through and see if you can let go of more.
- Look for items the kids have outgrown, go through closets, papers, kitchen items, photos and mementos.
- The clutter/health connection is a big one, I’ve seen it over and over with clients.
- Choose lighting, images or anything with with the number 5 for this center area. Five is the number of fingers and toes we have on each hand and foot--it speaks to our “humanness” and feels solid and safe in relation to our health. Examples would be: A chandelier with 5 arms, 5 hooks for coats, or a photo of 5 family members (include the pets if you have to) enjoying a sunny day.
- Consider the art images that are being displayed in your entire home. Do they depict Health? Vibrancy? Joy? Are they current and speaking to your future or pulling you backwards into the past?
- Are the paint colors in your home, especially the center, fresh and alive?
Fourth-- (and not exactly Feng Shui)
- You might consider using Young Living Essential Oil, “Thieves”.
- It is an important way that my family stays healthy. It kills a high percentage of all bacteria and viral bugs. We use it in a variety of ways: ingesting it, using it topically, diffusing it, AND using the Thieves cleaning products which are AMAZING! I can’t say enough about the benefits we’ve experienced using these products.
- Contact Lora Klitzke if you would like to discuss options tailored to you and your family.
Melanie, please let me know how everything goes for you or if you have any follow-up questions!
Sending you tons of love,
PSS: See you at the DreamBank next week!!!! Details below...
“If I had to sum up working with Jane into one word, It would be JOY!”
“Declutter Your Home and Make Space For Your Dreams”
Wednesday, January 25, at 12pm
1 North Pinckney, Madison, WI