Keep score, How many of the statements below are TRUE for you?
- I have clothes in my closet that don’t fit me and that I NEVER choose.
- I have clothes in my closet that don’t belong to me.
- My pantry has food items in the back that (might) have expired.
- I have kitchen gadgets that I NEVER use.
- I have bags or boxes of stuff to go to a donation center but I never take them.
- I have containers for leftovers in my kitchen that do not have lids, or lids that don’t have matching containers.
- I have sporting equipment in the basement from the ghost of seasons past...WAY past.
- My yard tools are in a tangle in the garage.
- My basement or attic has boxes and I don’t know the contents.
- My mail piles up past one week.
- I have unmatched socks on my dryer or in my dresser drawer.
- I have boots, scarves, mittens, gloves or coats in the hall closet that I NEVER choose.
- I have many family photos that need editing, there are too many to enjoy, they feel like a burden.
- I have items passed to me from ancestors that give me an ICK feeling.
- I can’t keep up with my home office, the papers are winning!
- I pile papers and have no filing system.
- I don’t know where my most important documents are.
- I pay rent on a storage locker.
- My computer files are a mess, including desktop, documents and photos.
- I’m scared to tackle the clutter!
- 0-5 TRUE: Good Going! Give a cheer, you’re ahead of the game!
- 6-10 TRUE: A little focus could give you huge results! Pick just one area, closet, kitchen pantry, set aside 2 hours, start the timer and GO!
- 11-15 TRUE: You might consider some support! Get a buddy. Trade a “basement session” or a “closet session”, have lots of bags and sorting boxes on hand! Get to it!
- 16-20 TRUE: OK, you are very close to a HUGE shift! ALL of your spaces need a some TLC, this might be a job for a professional, give me a call, I would LOVE to be on your team!
Drop down into the comments below and let me know if you had any insights or inspiration!
Have a wonderful week!
Love, from Glacier Park,