But...I got to see the grandbabies this week--here they are shopping together, what little cuties!
- Have you ever bought new linens because you couldn’t remember what you already own?
- When you buy new linens, do the old ones just get pushed to the back?
- Do towels and sheets fall down on your head when you open the door?
- Is the whole subject of the linen closet a big, fat, UGGGGHHHHHH?
Set yourself up for success…
- Gather boxes or large sturdy garbage bags to collect the cast-offs--there are people in your community who would LOVE these “old” items!
- Block out 1-2 hours
- Put up the “Gone Fishin” sign
- Take all the linens out of the closet, yep, the scrunched up pillowcases WAY in the back!
- Wipe out the shelves with something fresh: A lavender essential oil concoction? Thieves Cleaner?
- Let go of any worn, torn & stained towels or bedding
- Let go of items you NEVER use.
- Consider paring down your bedding “collection” to 2-3 sets per bed--one set on the bed, the other in the closet :)
- Check out the old towels that you’re saving “just in case”. You might need a few, but not dozens!
- Check over the blankets and quilts--make sure they’re all in good condition and are useful to your current life.
- You might be making a list of things you need along the way!
- Store like with like--towels together, bedding together (separate by season, by bed size, by family member...whatever makes sense to you.)
- Put things back so that the items you need are front and center and the specialty items like holiday towels or tablecloths are on the top shelf.
- Zipper cases like these work great for memento linens (in case you’re keeping baby quilts on the very top shelf) and allow items to breathe without getting musty.
- Take away the donations--as in put them in your car and drive to the nearest drop off and Hand Them Over.
- Celebrate!!!! It it time for a walk in the sun? A hot mug of green tea with a few nibbles of dark chocolate? Dance Party? Do something to mark your success.
Yes, we labeled the shelves so the whole family knows where things go--if you want the teenagers to help, make it easy for them! We added acrylic dividers to keep things in their place--but forgot the pic:(
This closet is functional, and is a HUGE improvement over its original condition--you can find things + you can open the door without fear of an avalanche!
Please, please, please send me your before and after pics! I would love send you a celebratory message!!!!!
And if you need/want a hand with ANY of your organizing projects, reply to this email, we would love to connect.
Lots of Love
At the DreamBank, Wednesday, April 19th, from 12-1pm.
1 N Pinckney, Madison, WI
Register soon--space is limited!!!
Invite a friend and join us, I would love to see you there!